Binny's Fear

Fremont


On Sunday Binny called me, as usual I picked up the phone and asked her," how are you"? She started telling me that just now she saw a snake and she is in fear.When I asked her where she saw it, then she started telling me that she had gone in the garden to see and give water to the plants, there she saw a snake. When I asked her where she was, she said she was sitting in her family room on her recliner, I could hear the children laughing. Now she told me that the snake was a small one, as she saw it she threw the things she had in her hand and came inside the house. She called all her friends and neighbours but no one was available. Then she called 911(life emergency) and the operator told her that they can send ambulance for her if she needs it for snake she should call 311(wild life emergency), then she called 311 and they enquired about the snake, its size and color etc. Now she knew that for such a small snake they are also not going to come for her help and she called Hemji(her husband) from his office and was waiting for him. She was asking Neha to make tea for her, but I could make out she was in great fear.Children were making fun of her and she was asking Ashish to call Hemji again and tell him to come quickly.

First of all I told her to calm down because by now it would have gone some where else,but she was not ready to hear this. She said she is not going any where till Hemji comes. Then I passed the phone to Vickie and told her to talk to him. Now I started thinking about when she was a little girl, she use to have fear and it use to be worse in the night, when there was no power. All our brothers and sisters use to tease her for that. Once she was with us in Jamshedpur, we went to watch movie and Binny was also with us. It was a night show and by the time we came home it was 11:30. After we came back I went straight to the kitchen to arrange for the dinner, Binny went to the bathroom, my husband was changing his clothes, from the bedroom trying to change his voice he called Binny.Oh my God!She started shouting and ran out at once from the bathroom. She never use to go to the court yard or the patio alone in the night.She use to take someone and make them stand near the bathroom.

Today again in the morning Vickie called her and asked about the snake and he was making fun of her by saying that the snake has your photo in his eyes and he can't forget you. He will come again, so beware of that.This is Binny and her fear.

2 comments:

Vidya Mishra said...

Didi ,

Still you are teasing me !!!! Now I am a very change person and brave, compare to , what I used to be ... but I can tell you this much that -

Fear never goes away ....

Unknown said...

mosi mom is still scared till this day ...it funny the things she does to prevent being anywhere around the garden....